Registration is now open.
Maine State Triathlon
Sunday, Aug 6, 2017
New for 2017:
- Elite wave option – register as elite (one wave for both men & women), go out first, but still eligible for age division results/prizes.
- Aquabike choice is back — just swim & bike legs.
- Duathlon option is added – just bike and swim legs.
- $15 “refer a friend” kick-back — register and you will receive an email with a referral code to send to a friend or post to social media. If the friend registers, you get $15 back!
- $15 off for new novices — Novices, never done our triathlon before? Enter Coupon Code “NewMSTnovice.” (You decide if you are a novice, no novice police, but don’t be a sandbagger!)
- New finish area — Race finish is at the Davises’ house this year, the same side of the road as parking, bike racks, food, music, giveaways. More fun, more glory!
Same as 2016 (’cause these are awesome):
- All finishers receive a reusable, filled water bottle — no single-use bottles here!
- Tech tee in men’s and women’s cut.
- 750 meter swim (.46 mile)
- 24k bike (14.9 mile)
- 5.8k run (3.6 mile)
Tech tee at check-in/packet pick-up — NO WAITING IN LINE!
Individuals and Teams
8:00 AM Start
(We love the Davis family — they let us inundate their yard for this tri, so please do not arrive at race venue before 6:00am Sunday. They have babies & dogs at a family weekend. The first car pulls in; sleeping is done!)
Chip timing by Back 40 Timing
Proceeds benefit the Bethel Area Chamber and all it does to promote the Bethel, Maine area.
Saturday, August 5, 2017 at 11am
Registration not open yet.
Maine State Kids’ Triathlon)
Entry Fees 2017
Individual (full tri, aquabike, and duathlon):
$72 Registration by July 24, 2017 / $82 after July 24
$124 Registration by July 24, 2017 / $134 after July 24
– Registration closes Saturday, August 5 at 6:30pm ET.
– NO day-of-race registrations.
– All cancellations: $10.00 handling fee. No refunds within 2 weeks of event.
Maine State Triathlon Schedule (More info on FAQs page.)
Saturday, August 5, 2017 | DAY-BEFORE SCHEDULE
3:00-6:30pm: Packet pick-up, strongly recommended (your packet and/or a friend’s packet)
Bethel Area Chamber of Commerce office
8 Station Place, Bethel, ME 04217 (behind The Gem Theater, formerly Casablanca Cinema 4. Movie theater Friday – Monday showings.)
7:00pm: Competitors’ meeting, strongly recommended
Bethel Area Chamber of Commerce office
8 Station Place, Bethel, ME 04217 (behind The Gem Theater, formerly Casablanca Cinema 4. We’ve got a movie theater in town again. Yay!)
Sunday, August 6, 2017 | RACE-DAY SCHEDULE
6:30-7:00am: Packet Pick-up (for those who did not pick up on Saturday), Davises’ yard.
(May refresh ink body marking at this time.) See above note about NOT arriving before 6am, come hell or high water!
6:15-7:30am: Timing chip pick-up for all racers at Back 40 Timing truck in Davises’ yard (not at the lake).
7:45am: Transition zone closes.
7:50am: Pre-race briefing at water.
8:00am: Race starts – Waves and start times for waves
Four Waves Start Time Cap (provided) Count as of …
1) Elite Men & Women 8:00am TBD
2) Regular Men including aquabike* 8:03am yellow caps
2) Regular Women including aquabike* 8:06am blue caps
3) Teams (men & women) 8:09am red caps
4) Novices (men & women) 8:09am white caps
*Duathletes – start in transition zone with bike – volunteer will announce that it is OK to start once some of the top swimmers have exited the bike zone.
10:00am or so: Transition zone opens when last runner is out on course. Transition is CLOSED to any participant who has completed his/her event; open when open to all.
NO FAMILY/SPECTATORS IN ZONE!
Giveaways and food and drink following race, while awaiting results.
10:30am: Awards – 1st, 2nd, and 3rd overall men & women; top 3 overall winners in age categories, top three novice men, top three novice women, top male & female in aquabike & duathlon, top two teams in three categories: male, female, coed.
– Age used for age groups is your age as of Dec. 31, 2017.